The cool, crisp weather of fall and winter bring many enlivening moments – bundling up next to a cozy fireplace with some hot chocolate, snuggling next to someone special for a hayride or sleigh-ride, jumping in a pile of leaves with your children, and enjoying holiday festivities. But for many people, cold weather can mean dry, irritated skin, especially when the cool air is accompanied by low humidity and windy weather.
Here are some tips for keeping your skin protected this cool weather season, so you can focus on enjoying everything the fall and winter have to offer:
1. Moisturize your skin. Switch your creams and lotions for an oil-based moisturizer during this cold weather season. Oil-based moisturizers can help replace and seal the protective layer of your skin that gets compromised in low humidity and cold weather.
2. Clean your skin with Beauty Water from Enagic®. When your skin’s delicate protective layer is in jeopardy this fall and winter season, use slightly acidic Beauty Water to gently tone and clean your skin, leaving it moisturized, healthy, and conditioned.
3. Invest in a humidifier. Home heating systems can make dry skin conditions worse, but a humidifier can put moisture in the air to help moisten your skin. Fill your humidifier with Neutral Water from Enagic® for the best results.
4. Always remove wet socks, gloves, and clothes immediately. Wet clothes can quickly irritate your skin.
5. Wear sunscreen. That’s right – even if it’s not warm and sunny outside, you can still be exposed to harmful UVA and UVB rays. Keep your skin protected all year round to avoid dry skin from sun exposure.
6. Hydrate from the inside out. Dehydration can lead to dry skin, so stay hydrated by drinking plenty of Kangen Water® this fall and winter season.
Protect your skin from cold weather damage, and take time to enjoy the season’s cheer!